What the Health

0

November 23, 2020 by Sayaka Nishida

“What the Health (2017) is a Netflix investigative documentary movie from the award-winning filmmakers of Cowspiracy. 

This movie uncovers how animal products affect our health and why we do not stop eating them although many researches have suggested that they trigger many kinds of health disorders such as diabetes and obesity. Firstly, we can get clear image of the danger of eating animal products from meat, dairy products, eggs to fish from this movie. Second, the reason why health organizations recommend eating them is that, this movie suggested, meat industry sponsored the health organizations. For example, American Cancer Society have KFC, TACO BELL, Tyson and Yum as sponsors and get money from them. 

However, There are some controversial opinions among media about this movie. TIMES wrote that this investigative documentary has pros and cons. They said that the movie did not provide enough evidence. In my opinion, I am not sure whether what this movie pointed out is true or not, but it is clear that we have to doubt if what we are eating now is really beneficial to our body. In order to think about what the health is, I recommend watching this movie firsthand.  

»