The problem of shortage of teachers

1

April 25, 2024 by miina256

These days, the problem of shortage of teachers is being discussed. As the background of this problem, there is a fact that fewer students aspire to become teachers. Why are fewer and fewer students aspiring to become teachers?

There are many reasons. However, The main reason may be the busy schedule of teachers. Teachers have a variety of duties. Not only teaching in the class, but also they have to reprimand students with problems, respond to students with worries or disabilities, and parents. Some teachers overwork and go home after 10pm nearly everyday. According to a research of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology in 2022, the rate of teacher’s overtime working hours attempted to about 40 percent in the field of junior high school. The fact that nearly half of junior high school teachers are forced to work overtime provides object proof that teachers are in danger of death caused by overworking. As long as these facts remain, the number of students who aspire to become teachers will continue to decrease. So, it is important to divide the content of the work. For that, at first, more and more people should realize the importance of a teacher’s work. Moreover, it is also important to decide the upper line of overworking. 

1 comment »

1. ichika231 says:

Hi, Miina! I’m Ichika. I’m interested in your post.
    Actually, I aim to become a high school teacher. I am taking a lot of classes to get my teaching license. During those classes, I learned about the problem of a shortage of teachers. As you said, this problem is serious. I learned that the quality of teachers is also declining because of this problem. This problem prevents many people becoming teachers.
    However, I believe that the job of a teacher is not only busy but also rewarding. I will do my best to become a good teacher!! Thank you for your post!