Hot-dogs lead big problems

0

October 24, 2016 by misako161

In last class, I heard a news about hotdogs.  According to the news, it is said that “hotdogs” should be changed the name in Malaysia, because there are many Muslim people.  Muslim people regard dogs as disgusting creatures, so the government insists that the name of “hotdog” leads misunderstandings.  In my research, there are arguments both for and against the measure, but I think they don’t have to change the name.  Instead of changing name, I think shops should write an explanation of hotdogs.  For example, “Hotdogs don’t use dog meat.  It is just name.”  Otherwise, I think they should set not only new name, but also hotdogs.  This topic tell us the difficulty of understanding other religious people.  However, to begin with, I wonder that Muslim people can eat hotdogs.  The reason why I think so is that Muslim are forbid to eat pork, and I think sausages use pork.  In any case, Japanese people usually don’t face such problems because the great part of Japanese are member of no religion.  In all over the world, to understand other religion is very difficult.  Therefore terrorism or war are happen.  “Hotdog” dispute seems silly, but I think it is rerated with such imminent current issues.