Favorite Movie in My Childhood

2

May 25, 2015 by yui

When I were a mere child, I was bit too childish to realize what really were the good points about movies. Things like that usually happen to many people when they were in their childhoods as well I suppose, and many children easily judge the value of movies only by thinking whether the movie is interesting or not. However, as we become adults, we sometimes rediscover the true goodness of movies by watching them again after a long while. The movie I’m going to introduce this time is one of them, and the title of the film is “Finding Nemo”.

Firstly, what I liked about this movie when I first watched it at an early age was the story. It follows the comedic and eventful journeys of two fish – the excessively cautious Marlin and his curious son Nemo, who was caught by a human in the Great Barrier Reef. Guided by Dory, a friendly-but-forgetful fish, Marlin embarks on a dangerous trek and finds himself the unlikely hero of rescueing his son, who is also trying to return home.

For now, however, what I love about this movie are techniques and intentions of the film. As for the techniques, when I was on the project of making all the sounds used in one scene of the movie including back ground music and dialogue, I found that both diegetic and non-diegetic sounds were highly effective. Additionally, when I watched the film again a year ago, I realized some crucial messages of this movie such as importance of not giving up on anything or the time we have now with our beloved ones. I also felt that they were appealing to us not to destroy the beautiful nature by showing the beautiful picture of the ocean.

image

Therefore, “Finding Nemo” is the film I used to love in my childhood, and also is the one I love to watch even now. I strongly recommend you to watch movies which you liked when you were young, and you’ll rediscover something new about them.

1. nanami75 says:

I love this movie because It express bond between parent and child well. When I will watch it again, I want to take notice of points you said.

2. kenki75 says:

I watched “Finding Nemo” when I was elementary school student. At that time I did not understand the really good point in this movie. When I have a chance like summer vacation, I’d like to watch the film again.