Movie Review: The Truman Show

2

October 22, 2016 by natsuko16

Good evening everyone, it is Natsuko Onuma. This weekend, I am going to introduce the movie “The Truman Show”.

Who do you think made the world you live? What if you are living the life which is directed by someone? Who are you? Is there an ideal world?,….

This is a satirical comedy movie, but I am pretty sure that you are going to wonder some of these question after you watch this film. It is not just a silly comedy movie.

5d1197ba3d200bbb9d1965f999de929d

Plot

Truman thinks that he is an ordinary man living an ordinary life. However, one day, he saw his father who he thought was dead when he was a little kid. His wife explains about hot coco in detail, very weirdly. The place he lives is in fact a big studio with hidden cameras everywhere, and all his friends and people around him, are actors who play their roles in the most popular TV-series in the world…

Interesting things

There were some Japanese people (Or people who are supposed to be Japanese) in the movie. People who are supposed to be Japanese appear in American movies some times, but often times, they do not look like Japanese at all. However, in this movie, they pretty much look like Japanese, and I was not offended. They did not look like Chinese, and they were actually speaking in Japanese… I would say it is rare.

Comments

After I’ve watched this, I realized that I had already seen parts of this movie in a bible class in high school. Since this movie asks, who created this world, and who you are, it is often talked in a religious sense. I am not so religious, so I did not think about the existence of God or anything, but I did think about what is the ideal life, who I believe, and things that I do not usually think about.

I do recommend this movie to someone who likes to think a lot about the movie you watch. If you are looking for something to make you laugh, this is not the one.

1. kota16 says:

I like this film as well. After watching this, I felt I was also watched by someone and looked for camers.

2. riko131 says:

I watched this too.
    It was interesting situation.
    But today, everyone using SNS, and there is a few privacy, so it is the almost same situation like this movie.