We Are The World

4

June 30, 2015 by kenki75

My favorite music is “We Are The World”. It is one of the most famous song in the US. Michael Jackson wrote this music and the words. In addition, many famous artists gathered as “USA For Africa” and the member of the group song it. When listening to this music for the first time, I was moved. The melody is gentle and if you are irritated, it will calm you. The purpose of this music was to get rid of poor people in Africa. “We Are The World” shows the artists` affections for the poor clearly. Every time I listen to this music, I am always reminded that even today children are dying of starvation. “We Are The World” tells us that each of us should consider and act to help the people, instead of leaving things to others. This song was created in 1985, but I think the words apply to today’s case. Also, the all profits from sale of the music was contributed to the fund for Africa. I was surprised to know the news. If you watch the movie of this song, you will be impressed by the beautiful singing voices.

1. tatsuki77 says:

This is first English song I heard. I was moved a movie playing to this song ,and I felt we have to help each other and live as a member of the Earth.

2. sadaaki77 says:

I also like this music. He is very self-sacrificing man. We have to follow his example, I think.

3. Leon says:

We are the world is very good way to a charity. This song is historical song. After Haiti earthquake happened, in those days popular singers organize group and remake We are the world. This song would be a song which future people know.

4. reika77 says:

I first knew this music after Michale Jackson’s death. The version I listened to was sung by several star musicians. Their voices were certainly very nice, but which moved me much more was the melody and the phrase that has been repeated many times in the song– “We are the world”. After reading your paragraph, I understand the meaning of this song better and we might have to pay attention to the starvation problems in Africa more.