Japan ranked 9th in the travel &Tourism Copetitiveness Ranking

1

May 27, 2015 by nene75

20110629_1158024

World Economic Forum released 『The Travel &Tourism Competitiveness Report 2015』 06 May 2015. Japan ranked 9th of 141 countries in the report. This is the maximum rank ever. The rank is following.

1 Spanish, 2 France, 3 Germany, 4 the United States of America, 5 the United kingdom, 6 Swiss, 7 Australia, 8 Itary, 9 Japan, 10 Kanada

Japan is the highest Asian countries in this ranking.

Japan is ranked 1st at costomer services, so called “omotenashi.” And Also Japan is ranked 2nd at cultural assets. Furthermore, it evaluated Japanese transportation network highly. On the other hand, it showed that high prices of commodities are the problem of Japan.

I was surprised that Japan was evaluated highly at tourism in the world. Thesedays, tourists which visit Japan increase. And I often heard that “omotenashi” in Japan has a good reputation. I think it is a big honor to be complimented.

Japan will have Tokyo Olympic in 2020. So Japanese tourism competitiveness should be risen. But it is said that Japan is inconvenient to have a few expression in English. I think uses of English are needed more.

1 comment »

1. sayaka77 says:

I am really happy to hear this news. I think the spirit of “omotenashi” is the original one, and we should proud of this evaluation and send out the Japanese culture or spirit to the people in other countries.