Yakuza to kazoku the family

0

February 2, 2024 by keiki86

One of the good aspects of this movie is that it explains the values, ethics, and codes of the Yakuza through the movie. And this story also explains how difficult to live as an ex-Yakuza in today’s society at the same time. In my opinion, this movie’s depiction of the yakuza, its characters, and the work of its actors are very appealing, but it still left me unsatisfied when it comes to how it depicts modern society. In the later of the story, protagonist quits the yakuza and starts working at a town factory through an acquaintance who is also a former yakuza. However, one of their colleagues took a selfie with them and uploaded it to Twitter, and the post went viral and caused a severe backlash on social media, and they were eventually fired. I was very frustrated with this plot. Because I think such a thing could not happen in real life. It depicts social media users and the public as being excessively stupid in order to create a tragedy in the life of an ex-Yakuza. I felt this cheapness in the depiction of the society undermined the positive aspects of the movie.