standards

0

January 22, 2023 by grace31

There is this video I saw on YouTube the other day. It was about how women are pictured and expected to be in society. It showed how high the expectations of people against women were. The part where it talked about the expectations in appearances was very interesting. The video made me consider how difficult it is to live in a culture where everyone wants you to be flawless. Women, in particular, have long been under pressure to look beautiful. It is not a terrible thing to have beauty standards. However, the culture that seeks to fit people into such norms is a major issue. One of the major reasons for this shift in beauty standards, in my opinion, is social media. Many photographs are manipulated to hide defects, and the majority are not realistic. Although women attempt to meet such ideals. While knowing or not knowing that is not the reality. I think that individuals should understand that they do not have to compare themselves. Moreover people should not expect something that is not realistic at all. having high standards is not a bad thing at all. Although trying to fit a people into something imposible is a different thing. People should recognize what is true and real.

»