The Last Message -UMIZARU-

0

December 29, 2021 by utae46

This movie is one of the Umizaru series based on comic books and is the final part of the series. Umizaru is just sea monkey in English, but it refers to divers of the Japanese Coast Guard in Japanese. The series depict the activities of coast guard officers centered on rescue operations. Especially, this movie is about a fire accident at a natural gas mining plant built as a national project.

In this movie, there are a lot of scenes using computer graphics, such as a gas explosion. The technology makes the movie more powerful. Moreover, thanks to the complete cooperation by the Japanese Coast Guard, the pictures in this movie are very real and grand.

The most impressive scene for me is the scene where Hattori, who was afraid, dived to rescue the main character Senzaki. His expression and eyes clearly tells us his strong decision. Umizaru’s friendship, trust, consideration, and obligation show the importance and greatness of lifesaving. I was impressed by them.

A catch phrase of this movie is “what do you leave behind for your loved ones?” After watching this movie, I thought about what I would leave for my loved ones and what I would cherish in daily life with them. It was the good movie that gave me an opportunity to think about such things.