NEWSIES

0

October 23, 2021 by sae104

This is the Official Trailer for the musical I saw the other day. It was so wonderful that I would like to see it again and again, but due to ticket difficulties, that is not possible, so I am watching this video to remember the excitement.

Synopsis: Jack, a young boy, lives with Newsies, a group of his crippled friend, Crutchie, and the other orphans and homeless newsboys, selling newspapers every day to make ends meet. Meanwhile, Pulitzer, the owner of the “World” newspaper, is planning to raise the wholesale price of the newspaper to the Newsies while keeping the sales price unchanged to make more money than his competitors. Jack leads the Newsies on a strike to protect their livelihood and rights.

Up to 52 seconds, you can see the powerful and breathtaking performance of the Newsies. It’s not as good as seeing it live, but it’s still impressive no matter how many times you watch it. From 52 seconds to 1 minute and 9 seconds is a video of “Santa Fe”. We can feel the struggle of Jack.

This is a work that will give us courage from the Newsies who are fighting against difficulties. Watching this video again can bring back the emotion.