Tokyo Olympic

0

January 23, 2021 by sae79

Are you still sure that Tokyo will hold the Olympic this year? I don’t think so. There was a report claiming officials see cancelling the Tokyo Olympics as inevitable, as heavyweights the United States, Canada and Australia said they were still preparing for the games. However, Japan times says Deputy Chief Cabinet Secretary Manabu Sakai said there was “no truth” to the report in The Times, which quoted an unnamed ruling coalition source as saying “the consensus is that it’s too difficult” to hold the Olympics. In addition, International Olympic Committee (IOC) is trying to gather vaccination to get all athletes vaccinated to save the Tokyo games. “We don’t contribute to the decision-making regarding the holding or not holding of the Olympics,” he said. “The best way we can get to an Olympics is get on top of this disease.” In my opinion, I think it’s doubtful to prevent a new phase of pandemic because the safety and effectiveness for us are still unknown. I understand athletes and committee people have been working hard, but we should not rely on vaccine unless the effectiveness and safety are assured.