Grace of Monaco(2014)

0

December 29, 2020 by sayaka54

Have you ever heard the name, Grace Kelly? I had heard of it but had not who is she and what she did. When I looked for movies on Amazon Prime Video to kill time, I found the film by chance and watched it casually. This film’s main story is that Grace Kelly’s struggle with marriage, the hardships of royal life, tension between France and Monaco, and the urge to return to Hollywood.
“Grace of Monaco” was set in 1962, six years after Grace Kelly, a Hollywood star, retired actress and married a Prince of Monaco. One day, Hitchcock visited her with an invitation to return to Hollywood to star in his new film. Grace desired to accept the offer, but her position and role as the wife of the top of a country interrupted the hope. In the meantime, the relationship between France and Monaco was getting worse due to outrageous demand by France. The tensions also create differences in opinions of Grace and her husband.

Eventually, Princess Grace strived to improve relations with France and it succeeded. In addition, she decided to decline Hitchcock’s invitation and recovered family love. Even though she was criticized, she kept her personality and completed her role. I was moved by her strength and the way of life.