Avoid screaming babies

1

October 20, 2019 by nanae90

Japan Airlines has introduced a feature on its seat booking system that shows where young children are seated. A “child” icon appears when a passenger is traveling with children aged under 2 years. The website says the icon “lets other passengers know a child may be sitting there”. However, the airline warned the tool was not foolproof, as the icon might not appear if a ticket was booked through a third party or if there was a last-minute change of a aircraft.

One man tweeted and thanked to the Japan Airlines for “warning” him about where children are sitting. He said he had a experience that three screaming babies next to him during the flight. His tweet has attracted a huge number of responses, and many of them argued with his tweet. However, there was also a number of people says that he need to learn tolerance.

I’ve also experienced the same situation as he did for couple of times, and to be honest, I cannot understand people who complains about babies crying on planes, because babies are not planning to cry or to scream. I always put on my headphones so that I won’t hear anything. I don’t want the baby and also their mother to feel stress whenever their on plane. Crying is babies job and nobody can blame for that.

1 comment »

1. rena24 says:

I liked your post because i agree eith your opinion that nobady should blame crying babies in the flight. I have also exprienced same situation in the international flight to Australia, and actually man got mad at baby’s mother for non-stop crying. Mother was sorry to him but he complained again, eventually another old woman grew angry at man who was complaining. I belive that she was so right and baby has right to cry whereever she is. Of course, in the plain, long flight, beby must be unconfortable with the situation, so baby shold be allowed to cry!!!!!!