Aging and shrinking population in Japan

0

October 14, 2019 by nanae90

During this few decades, Japan has became one of the world’s most rapidly aging societies in the world. The population also began to shrink in 2010. The decline is expected to get worse in the future.

These decline population is happening especially in rural areas. One of the main reasons is the change in industry and the rise of the college going rate and many people tend to move to a big cities. In some of the rural areas, residents are afraid that their homeland will disappear.

To prevent this, the nation’s government is promoting the work-style reforms and trying to get women and elderly workers to play more active roles.They are also making an effort to increase new residents in recent years by introducing specific jobs to a families with small children instead of promoting sightseeing spots.

I felt this problem is something which is pretty close for me because I came from a small city where there are suffering from the aging problems. I think it is a good idea to let elderly people to get involved in many activities. My grandma is doing some volunteers whenever she has free time and many of her friends are doing too. I hope the sift in people’s values will change the country’s demographic trends.