Freakonomics

0

June 28, 2019 by hikari66

I watched “Freakonomics” for the first time, and I was interested in two themes, the influence of the name and incentive.First I pick up the influence of name. In the movie, they said there  are difference between the name of black and white. The most surprised thing in this theme is the name of black is disadvantage when you do job hunting even if you are the white person. I realized the current condition that there is discriminations and the importance of name. In Japan, recently there is “Kirakira Name” like Ouzisama and princes candy, so I want to know the relation between Kirakira Name and their influence.Second, I write about incentive. In the movie, there is an idea that when you want to prevent injustice, you should improve incentive rather than depend on moral. The story of “Yaocho” was given as an example. When I heard this, I was surprised because I often hear in the TV that the company or something which was showed they did injustice should take measure like improving moral, and I doubted whether the way of thinking is right or not. Through this theme, I understand the power of incentive and I think we should  think the new incentive in the position of a person who dose dishonest. Through watching this video “Freakonomics”, I can know that we can find the new relationships ,problems and solutions by collecting the huge amounts of informations.