In This Corner of the World

0

December 31, 2018 by hatsuki7040

This movie illustrate the dairy life in Hiroshima in 1940s during the WWⅡ.  This animation movie won the prize in the animation of the year.  The main character Suzu is just 18 years old and she got married with his husband in Hiroshima.   She tried to be a good wife in there and she wants to have a peace life.  However, the situation is getting worse, she and her family lost their family and peaceful life.  She wondered why human beings had war in the end of the movie.

ソース画像を表示

suzu with her niece Harumi

I watched this movie in the summer as a special movie of memorial day of the end of the war, but I do not think this movie is typical war movie because “In This Corner of the world” draw the scene of the war as natural life. For example, Suzu is crazy about drawing and the battle ship is written as the motifa of her painting.  She enjoyed making delicious meal with limited food. Also. the animation picture is soft touched, so the message is softly conveyed. I surprised that the scene which her niece was killed by land mine.  She said silently that” I do not want to live in this world” for the first time. This message directly transmited to me.