My Neighbor Totoro

0

July 21, 2018 by mami18

Have you watched a movie “My Neighbor Totoro?” I have watched this too many times to count. So, I want to recommend this movie to you:-)

This is a fantasy movie set in the 30s of the Showa period, about 60 years ago, in Japan. Kusakabe family moved to the country and the sister, Satsuki and Mei, met a Totoro. Totoro is a mysterious living thing that is said only children can meet. In this movie, interaction between the sister and Totoro are drawn.

There are 2 reasons I like this movie.

The first is all characters are very cute! Especially, I like Mei and Totoro. Mei is 4 years old girl. She is selfish and pretents to be tough any time. She sometimes bothered her sister and father. But I want sister like Mei because I think maybe she amuses me if I live with her. Also, I like Totoro. He can’t speak, but express his feelings honestly. His look is so cute! In addition to this, he is so kind that he helped Mei and Satsuki many times.

The second is this movie allows me to forget real world. In this movie, Totoro which can’t exist in real world appeared. While watching this movie, I’m fascinated with atmosphere and make me happy. If I went to this world, I really want to meet Totoro once:-)

If you have never this movie, please watch! Of course, I want you to watch again if you have watched before.