Movie review 4 The Last Samurai

4

December 12, 2017 by daichi041

The Last Samurai is released in 2003. Main actor is Tom Cruise and Ken Watanabe. The main point of this movie is the friendship between American and Samurai left behind in the era. At first, Algren(Tom) come Japan to suppression Samurais. However, he fail to that and captured in Samurai village. Through spending time in there, Katsumoto(Ken) who is the leader of Samurais teach Algren the spirit of Samurai and he is gradually attracted to that spirit world. At last, Japanese new army and some people who come Japan with Algren attempt to attack village. Algren intercept them with Samurais. Sadly, all of Samurais including Katsumoto are killed by modern weapons. However, their last fight move armies mind and the spirit of Samurai succeed to Algren.

This movie is the best of my life. The friendship between Samurai and American move my mind. One of main actor Ken Watanabe became famous after this movie had been released. I think all of everyone should watch this movie because this work tell us we can become friends even if our side is different.

1. masaya070 says:

This film tells us what “Bushido” was, and I think what Japan is right now couldn’t exist without these people.

2. Miki Matsumoto says:

I strongly felt the Japanese spirit of dying in honor after I watched it. And the way Algren tried to adjust himself to Japanese culture was impressive. It made me think about intercultural issues.

3. mina031 says:

I watched it when I was in first year of university, too. I was moved that Algren gradually understand “bushido” and interact with Katsumoto.

4. Manabu Fujita says:

I saw this movie in Reading class last year.
    Ken Watanabe became a member of Hollywood stars.
    And Tom Cruise is always Tom Cruise in other movies.