Requiem for the American Dream-Noam Chomsky

0

November 10, 2017 by mako10

One thing that I thought after watching the film “Requiem for the American Dream” is the intellegince of Noam Chomsky. In the film, he disputes the inequality of wealth in America’s society and notes that there are 10 principles of concentration of wealth and power. He explains each of them in a different point of view. For example, one principle that he mentioned is the formation of ideology. He explained that the government thought that they failed to educate the youth because the youth positively fights for freedom so they suppressed them by making ideology. Another principle that he mentioned is the redesign of economy. He explains that the power of financial industry is getting stronger than the power of manufacturing industry as the time goes by in America. These two principles are explained in different point of views; one is politics and the other is economics.

I knew about him before I watch the film because he is one of the famous linguists and I learned about him in a sociolinguistic class in this university. However, I didn’t know that he is also familiar with other fields. I researched about him and found that he writes more than 100 books about wars, politics, mass media, and so on. Perhaps, his intelligence make people want to hear what he thinks about the world.