What women are afraid of talking parental leave?

0

July 22, 2017 by kayo62

What makes women in Japan difficult to take parental leave, According to a survey by a foundation that provides information on raising children, the top concern for taking maternity or child care leave was the reaction of their bosses, and the second one was how they would be viewed by colleagues. They are also worried about an atmosphere in the office. As an executive director of the foundation said that “Even though the government, municipalities and companies are calling for work-style reform and taking steps to alleviate child care shortage, those who are raising children are not feeling the change,” over 70 percent of women feel that the situation haven’t improved. The article is concluded that it is important to provide them more comfortable work environment such as giving them the choice of flexible working hours and locations.

I would be a mother someday, but then I really don’t want to be just a housekeeper, so I thought women who want to work even after having children need to know the current state at work and start thinking how to change this serious situation.