After watching the film ‘Hotel Rwanda’

0

July 22, 2017 by kayo62

After I watched film, I just wondered why all of nations in the world ignored this cruel situation in Rwanda. In the film, there is a presence of the United Nations Assistance Mission for Rwanda from beginning to end, but even after the French soldier comes to help refugees, they pull out of Rwanda in the moment. Moreover, in the middle of the film, there is a line that the leader of the UN force guesses what people probably say when they know the situation in Rwanda, “Oh my God that’s horrible,’ and then go on eating their dinners.” Actually it indicates people all over the world indifference of the happening in this tiny country. Firstly the reason why the UN couldn’t do many things for Tutsis is that it was actually due to legal basis for peacekeeping. Almost all activities must be adopted by the UN Security Council. It was also related to the fact that some Belgian soldiers were killed, and it makes soldiers in other countries afraid to visit Rwanda. Furthermore, from the facts the French soldiers pulled out quickly and the man of the UN force said such a word, Rwanda was thought to be a worthless country for helping. We really have to learn from those history not to repeat the same mistake again.