East is East

0

May 30, 2017 by nami131

In an IE Core class, I saw the movie, ‘East is East’. This movie is a story of a family. The most key person is the father.

At the beginning of this movie, I felt what a strict and selfish person he was. He always behaves as if he were a king. He decides everything by himself. The other members of the family should obey him. He gets angry if they disobey. However, when I saw the tears of the father, I realized he is so kind and he always thinks well about the family. He plays a role as a respectable father in his country. The problem is not that he is self-centeredness but that he lives in a foreign country, UK. Moreover, the mother, in other words, his wife is a british woman and they don’t live in a Bangladesh city in Britain. This means that a major of the family is people whose sense of value is close to British people’s.

Of course, I know the father’s kindness. Nevertheless, I remembered the words, ‘When in Rome do as the Romans do’. That is, he should have been a little more acceptable.