U.S. should discuss tighter gun controls

1

May 28, 2017 by mizuho40

A man fired an assault rifle inside a nightclub in Orlando, killed a large number of people inside. It was the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history.
The man who is a U.S. citizen and a son of Afghan immigrants. He was shot and dead in a gun battle with special police units. He made calls to police by himself, and declared his loyalty to ISIL.
Not to be overlooked is the fact that the man had been questioned several times since 2013 by law enforcement agencies as part of their investigations into terrorism and was on a watch list. But the man was said to have lawfully bought an automatic rifle, an extremely lethal weapon, about one week before the atrocity.
In the US, a married couple inspired by ISIL committed acts of terrorism also in December last year, using an automatic rifle. According to statistics, the number of deaths caused by firearms is 30,000 annually.
If the situation continues as it is, people can easily obtain guns normally and the killing from terrorist incidents will spread.
Mr. Obama demands stricter gun controls. But due to opposition from the Republican-dominated Congress, such legislation has not been realized.
Government should be strictly check the personal information of purchaser.

I agree with the author’s idea that US should be strict about gun control.
Because I was shocked by an incident that parent and child used guns for just quarrel.
If we get angry and become wanting to kill someone impulsively, it is instant feeling. But if there is a gun, we can murder a person easily. I think guns must not be familiar to us.
Additionally, this article says a person who committed a crime in the past could buy a gun legally. It is so awful and dangerous matter for good citizen. To prevent terrorism or flagitious crime, government should make laws and limit guns.

«

1 comment »

1. himawari10 says:

I also think the US should be strict about gun control, because I often listen a case used a gun or an accidental gun shot.