Tohoku no Shingetsu

0

November 21, 2016 by reina131

Last Friday, we watched the movie “Tohoku no Shingetsu” in IE core class. This movie was made by LINDA OHAMA. She came to this university and talked us about this movie and her story.

Before watching the movie, she talked about her life. She is not Japanese but she made the movie about Tohoku. She talked the reason why she decided to make this movie. I was surprised to hear the story about six-year old girl in her talks. She is her grandchild and lives in Canada. When the earthquake happened in Tohoku, she asked her grandchild “do you think what do people in Tohoku need?” She answered “They need hugs”. I was really surprised and moved this word. When we ask same question, most people would say things such as food or clothes. However, as she said people who suffered disaster actually need those feelings. Also, when she went to Tohoku as a volunteer, she got an onigiri from people in Tohoku. I think they are under serious condition but they cared volunteers. I don’t know why they can think people’s feelings and how kind they are.

We saw many pictures and movies of Tohoku during this class. The movie of tsunami was very splendid. When I watched it, I wanted to turn my face away again and again. Also, a lot of people cannot speak of the disaster without tears. A doctor minded she cannot help some people under her eyes. Buildings can rebuild after a big earthquake but people’s feelings are still injured. I think their feelings cannot rebuild as buildings forever.

It is difficult to pass down this story to the future generations. However, we should accomplish this mission.