“The Devil Wears Prada”

0

May 26, 2016 by anna166

211

Hello, I’m Anna. This time, I’ll introduce the movie “The Devil Wears Prada”. This movie describes that Andrea who wants to be a journalist, comes to serve as a co-assistant of fashion magazine editor, Miranda. Her new job makes her consider what is important in the life.  I analyzed the movie from three points: back ground, camera work, and direction.
First of all, back ground supports this movie. For instance, music is well connected to the movie. If we hear the songs, we will remember this movie. Also, location site is impressive. New York and Paris appeared in the movie. They are symbols of gorgeous world.
Second is about camera work. Basically, camera moved quickly and there were many shots in a short time, which depicts the busyness of fashion industry.
In contrast, when Andrea listened to others slowly, long takes are used. I think camera work is very efficient. However, in the movie, I found a camera reflected in the mirror. That is unfortunate happening.
Thirdly, the emotion of the character is understandable. For example, when Miranda talked with Andrea about the relation between Miranda and her husband, she was not wearing makeup. Not to make up means that there is no falsehood, I think. Her grandeur does not be referred so much. However, we can feel it as staff avoids interrupting her definitely. They are nervous to meet her.
To sum up, this movie taught us that it is important to be just the way we are.
“Life is made of choices”. I cannot forget what Andrea said. We can change our life on our own. On the whole, “The Devil Wears Prada” will be accepted by not only women but also men.

»