Entre les murs

0

May 26, 2016 by anna166

Hi. I’m Anna. I saw “Entre les murs.” This is a French movie. The original title “Entre les murs” is translated into “Between the walls” in English. The film received the Palme d’Or at the 2008 Cannes Film Festival. “Entre les murs” depicted distress of a literature teacher. Through a year, the teacher gradually opened up to students.
In my opinion, this work pays particular attention to be close to reality. When we take classes, we cannot hear music, so there was no music in this movie, too. Moreover, the 24 students had no experience in acting. They acted who they really were, which makes us feel as if we saw a documentary film. Because the story develops slowly, I was sometimes boring, but real school life does not develop every day. In that point, this is faithful.
However, the contents sound a little odd to me. I found the cultural difference between Japan and France. For example, students in class raised their hands and speak freely. In the movie, this is a kind of problem. In contrast, most Japanese rarely speak in public. If Japanese teacher see the movie, they will probably envy French circumstance.
To sum up, this movie does not seem to exaggerate. It looks like a real thing. Therefore we can reflect our feelings to the movie directly, I think.
index

«