What I realized since I started living by myself

0

October 28, 2015 by sachina15

This year, I came to Tokyo and started living by myself. Before coming here, I had lived with my family so there were many difficulties at first.

First of all, cooking was the most difficult task for me in that I had to make something almost EVERYDAY. I had made dinner for my family several times before but that was just one of my hobbies. Now I have to care about the balance or variety of food. It is still a challenge for me but I enjoy cooking and I bought a cooking book the other day, so I will try to expand my repertoire.

Secondly, washing clothes regularly is still a big problem. If I don’t wash my clothes regularly, there will be no more clothes to wear. So I have to wash my clothes regularly, especially on the sunny days.

When I lived with my family, mainly my parents did these households. I took it for granted but that was a mistake. I think that I should have appreciated their kindness more and joined in those households more often. Since I started living away from my family, I confirmed that family is so precious and it cannot be replaced by anything else. I determined that I will repay for my family, especially for my parents.