My Element

0

November 16, 2023 by sakurako73

This movie was made as the Disney 100 celebration memorial, and released on August 4th. The English title is “Elemental”, but in Japan, it was released as “My Element”. Unfortunately, I could not make time to watch it in the movie theater, but luckily it started to broadcast on Disney Plus this month, so I watched it.

My Element is about the story of Element City, where fire, water, land, and air residents live together. The main character is Ember, the fire girl element, and Wade, the water boy element. In the Element City, the water element was the native people who lived there, and the land element was the first immigrant. The air element was the second immigrant, and the fire element was the latest immigrant. Therefore, in Element City, people are not very kind to fire elements because they are “new” and “different”. Fire elements also think that fire must married with fire and to be involved with other elements must not happen. However, one day, Ember accidentally meets with the water guy Wade, and they gradually fall in love. This encounter changes Ember’s life significantly.

I really love this movie and it made me cry so much. This story amazingly refers recent diverse world and it definitely makes people warm feelings.