Inside Out (2015)

0

December 31, 2022 by jonggeon78

Inside out is a famous Disney movie and an Academy Award-winning film for the best-animated film. This movie illustrates the brain and neural system in an easy and fun way. Especially characterized emotions help audiences to understand the story.

Riely Anderson, an 11-year-old girl, is the protagonist of the movie. At the center of the film is a group of personified emotions that live inside Riley’s head: Joy, Sadness, Anger, Fear, and Disgust.

The part that I want to evaluate the most in this movie is the relatable story. The story of Riely is what most of the audiences have experienced in their childhood. I recalled the memory of my childhood many times during watching the movie and even quite a bit after the movie.

Another highlight of the film is addressing the importance of all emotions, not just the “happy” ones. Through the journey of Joy and Sadness, the movie shows that it is okay to feel a range of emotions, and that even the “negative” ones can serve a vital purpose in helping us cope with and make sense of the world around us. I personally felt that this movie sends us a message that “It’s okay to cry.”