Miss Representation

0

June 27, 2022 by manami5400

I watched a documentary  “Miss Representation” and it made me think again about the existence of women. I believe that these days there is less discrimination against women and more social advancement than in the past. However, when I saw the way female newscasters dress and the way women are used in advertisements, I thought that it cannot be said that women are completely equal to men. Even in an era when women can be a leader, such as President Clinton’s, the public still acts against it. I felt the difficulty of overturning the old male-dominated customs.

I also think we should rethink the idea that women must be beautiful. It is fine to do makeup and diet because you want to, but I think we should not do them because of the idea that we have to do.

Furthermore, the treatment of women who are not young should also be reviewed. The fact that women in their 40s and older are less likely to appear on TV make people feel that women are not valuable unless they are young. We should think that women of all ages are beautiful.

I think this documentary is a good thing to rethink women.