Tiger Mother

0

April 29, 2022 by shunsuke010

I assume that asian mother tend to be tiger mother more than western one because some of the asian mother force their children to study a lot, even to go to a cram school. In my image to the western mother, however, they have a tendency to be a permissive parenting. It is controversial whether it is better strict parenting or permissive parenting. Both of them have pros and cons, I think. Amy Chua forced her children to do 2,000 math problems every nights and to practice musical instruments. It is much more strict parenting, but her daughters are top students and won many musical competitions. They have kind of success in a school area and in a musical area. Seeing from another point of view, they couldn’t play with their friends in their young age. It’s said to be miserable. Some reserchers say that children should play with their friends in their early age because doing so, they will get accustomed to atomosphere between friends, and then they will get socialized. Therefore, it is controversial stuff for parents to choose wihch policy they should take for their children.