puella magi madoka magica episode 9

0

December 22, 2021 by miyuzu016

魔法少女まどか☆マギカ 9話 比較動画 – ニコニコ動画 (nicovideo.jp)  3:16~4:42

As far as I can remember, the first late-night anime I ever watched was “Natsume’s Book of Friends,” but it was “Puella Magi Madoka Magica” that turned me into an otaku who checks out late-night anime every season. Episode 9 was my favorite episode, and I watched it so much that I memorized all the lines. I’m going to analyze a scene from that episode.

The main characters, the pink-haired Madoka and the red-haired Kyoko, try to turn Sayaka, who was originally a magical girl but has turned into a monster called a “witch,” back into a magical girl, but fail.In this scene, Kyoko entrusts the unconscious Madoka to another magical girl, Homura, and passes away with the witch that was Sayaka.In this scene, Kyoko entrusts the unconscious Madoka to another Puella Magi, Homura, and passes away with the witch that was Sayaka.
I couldn’t find a good video, so I’ll post a link to a comparison of the TV version and the Blu-ray version, which has been heavily modified. Since I’m going out of my way, I’ll also compare the two versions.

At 3:23 seconds, Kyoko puts a boundary between herself and the two of them. At 3:57, she visually separates the two survivors from Kyoko, who is about to die. There is also a contrast between Kyoko kneeling down to pray and Homura standing up to escape with Madoka.
Kyoko’s wards are larger in the Blu-ray version, but I don’t think this is a good correction. The first reason is that it makes it harder to see Kyoko’s expression. The other reason is that it makes the battered Kyoko look like she has more room.