Identity Crisis

0

November 26, 2021 by hayato34

Have you ever experienced identity crisis before? How would you recover from identity crisis? First of all, identity crisis is the mental state that you do not know who you are. It sounds something that not everyone will experience, but basically anyone has a possibility to do so especially when you are so busy or tired. A presenter in a TED talk that I watched the other day explained why people can go through it and how people can recover from it. He raised the reason why people experience the identity crisis is because they compare themselves with other people out there. I think it cannot be helped because that is human nature, but they might decide to end their lives at the end of the day since they get depressed and they cannot find a solution. According to a research, a person commits suicide every two hours in the state of Texas on average, and five to eight times as many high school and college students meet the major criteria for depression or anxiety than 50 years ago. It is not surprising that you will be not sure who you are and what you want to do in your life, so I think it can be one type of solution to take a break and get to know better about yourself.

Repairing the Identity Crisis | Ryan Romano | TEDxMountainViewCollege – YouTube