Have good posture!

0

November 26, 2021 by hanako35

Have you ever been told, “Stand up straight!”? When I was a childhood, my mother always said that. Looking back from now, I tended to have bad posture. Firstly, I wanted to make my height look shorter. I was on the tall side in the class, and I was ashamed of it. I was very envious of people who is short. Secondly, I didn’t exercise so much, therefore my back muscles are not strong. I think that’s why I was likely to have a poor posture.

I found one interesting video, “The benefits of good posture” from TED-Ed. Nowadays, many people feel stress because of bad posture. They spend much time in using computers or mobile devices even in an awkward position like crowded train. Researchers say that if we have poor posture, our bodies don’t work efficiently. As a result, we suffered from physical pain or emotional stress.

The benefits of good posture – Murat Dalkilinç – YouTube

Now, I’m trying to stand and sit straight. I don’t get tired easily, and I have gained confidence in my height as I realized that bad posture is not very attractive to the eye. Recently, my father bought a chair which supports his elbows and backs softly and he was very satisfied with it. The video says that changing the environment is important for our posture. Let’s try to take care of our health!