Women In Society

0

November 25, 2021 by kenji65

I felt like this society is created in a way that is extremely difficult for women to not follow the “ideal women image” because overtime, even women themselves are brainwashed to think that being the ideal image is actually a good thing. I think this brainwashing process happens both consciously and unconsciously because, the fact is that young women (teenage girls) are consciously struggling from the ideal image portrayed on social media, but when I learned about the “self-objectification”, I also learned that women gradually confirm to ideal image whether they like it or not (unconscious).

As a man, I rarely stand in the point of view of women. But, when I did today, I thought that the level of physical expectation women get was so much higher than the case of man. For example, becoming extremely slim with perfect face proportion like top models, actresses, and stars are so much more unrealistic and harder than just being muscular with face that don’t have to be as perfectly proportional as woman. So it was understandable that many young women lose faith and become depressed.

I also realized that, other than all the social media, we the men were also very responsible for all the unhealthy expectation women get. So I though it was important to not only change the way social media affect women image, but also to change the values men have towards women.

»