“Miss representation”

1

May 28, 2021 by chie009

I watched a movie about discrimination for woman. I have three impressive parts in that movie.

First, a lot of girls say that “I don’t like the way I look”. For example, they are thinking about shape of their body. They think they must be more slender like some models on magazines. Some research shows us that most part of girl are dissatisfied with their appearance.

Second, the problem that woman’s status is lower than man’s. Generally, most world prime ministers are man. Many company presidents are man too. It shows the idea as if  “Man is in high position than woman”.

I have not felt so in my life so far.(school life) However, from the view of politics, it is obvious that number of politician is very different among man and woman. In addition, society in my college, almost all of general managers are MAN. I cannot understand why only man are in important position.

At last, woman in that movie say that “We are seen as sexual subject”. Some movies or commercials shows us stimulate scenes, for example girls wear revealing or racy clothes.

In my opinion, to resolve this problem, it may good that let actress play a strong or active woman in many movies or TV programs.

1 comment »

1. deadgawk says:

I agree with you and the last para is absolutely true , in this media-influenced world , everyone believes and portrays themselves as someone in the unrealistic social media . it’s totally corrupted (not all of it though) and I’m telling whenever you start comparing yourselves with others , you’ll never be satisfied with yourselves . Compare yourself with yourself . Peace.