One girl’s new encounter

0

May 26, 2021 by yumi091

The main character of this film is a girl who always spaces out and likes drawing. Her pictures are really heart-warning and impressed.

However, the war caused her serious problems.

Firstly, she lost her sister in law’s daughter named Harumi by the time bomb which was near her. I thought she felt guilty, regret, loneliness, and sadness because only she survived and Harumi died even if they were very close to each other and Harumi was still too young to die. At that time, she lost her right hand, too. Since then, she can only draw with her left hand, so she can’t draw well and has stopped drawing. In other words, the war took away her favorite things.

Secondly, her characteristic changed by Harumi’s death. She got angry why she couldn’t save Harumi and remembered the time when she talked with Harumi and Harumi’s smile. It didn’t make her space out.

I think it’s not her responsibility and she also lost her right hand, so I feel sorry for her. If I were her, I couldn’t bear even losing one of my hand. However, she decided to live just the way she was through conversations with her sister and husband, and later Harumi’s mother accepted her. Here, we can see the warmth and strength of people’s hearts.

I hope it will be realized that people living in the present day can help each other in this way even during difficult times.