New Jazz Conceptions

0

December 29, 2020 by kazuki49

Finally, here’s my last post! This time I would like to write about an album “New Jazz Conceptions” made by Bill Evans. I couldn’t decide what to write for this time since it’s the last post, but I’ve decided to write about this album. The reason is that this album is the first leader album of Evans, and I thought I should mention about this once in my several posts. Evans was at this time, 27 years old, and his music was already completed. Like Evans in the late times, he uses some unique chord voicing and it represents himself surely. It is said that this album sold only 500, and I cannot believe it. Starting from the song “I love You” let us feel like “something great is gonna start…”. Also, he incorporated the two songs “Waltz For Debby” and “My Romance”, which will be his pronouns later. It’s really emotive that these songs started from this album. I’m 20 years old now, and until I get 27, Evans’s age in this album, I would like to play jazz piano at a bar or somewhere. I’m keep practicing jazz piano, and I feel I’m still improving. There’s a huge gap of jazz skill between Evans and I, but I’d like to fill it by practicing…!