12 Angry Men

0

November 22, 2020 by haruki64

’12 Angry men’ is the American movie made in 1954. The story is that 12 men gathered by a jury system discuss a judgement of a boy, who killed his father. At first, most of them thought the boy was guilty, but they changed their mind one by one.

I needed to think about a jury system after watching this movie. A jury system itself seems good at a glance because nation’s opinion can be reflected in the court . However, this movie indicate that a jury system is not complete at the point that a judgement is apt to be influenced by their emotions. Actually, twelve men who appear in this movie claimed a death sentence to a murder at first, but they changed their mind gradually. This might be the extreme case. However, it could be a good opportunity to consider about a jury system.

Against the stiff theme of this movie, I could watch it without any boringness because I could feel a sense of urgency throughout. It is the wonderful point that characters’ feelings are well represented. So, we cannot be bored although most of the scene is at one room.