Horror Game Playing Videos

0

October 22, 2020 by Yohei

I was yearning for some excitement, and I simply searched for “horror games” on YouTube (in Japanese) the other day. And there was a bunch of results. I tried some of those videos and they were a lot more terrifying that I expected. When I talked about this to one of my friends, he recommended a video of “Aka Manto,” a Japanese horror game set in an old wooden school, played by his favorite YouTuber. I also tried that one, which was even scarier than the ones I previously tried. However, this time, I decided to purchase and play that game by myself.

And it turned out 10 or more times scarier to actually play the game than just watching. This is a game of exploring the old school avoiding the giant man dressed in a red robe called Aka Manto, and the beating of my heart literally never stops during the play, since there is no knowing where the enemy comes to assault me. I have been striving for the last two days, but also since the game is simply difficult and intricate, the time I can see the ending seems to be very far away so far. It is true that I was smirking at the YouTuber’s scream when I just watched him play, but now I rather respect him. I cannot even imagine having to explore the dark building without some pre-acquired knowledge, with the light off and alone in the room.