Gender Gap

0

October 21, 2020 by Lay

This post is going to be about “Gender Gap in Japan”. I am doing a little research about it and though I share it. In the “2019 Gender Equality Ranking” Japan was 121 out of 153 countries. Being an advanced country this is really low. I think this is because our culture and history. In most families the dad goes to work as the mom stays home and do the housework, looking after the kids. As the time pasts and family forms changed and the women started to take part in the work force. So there came the gender gap. Some women want to stay at home and not work when they get married but I am the opposite. I want to be the one who make money for the family. So I thought this is a thing I will face in the future. How do you feel about the gender gap? According to a research from JapanToday more than 70% of Japanese people think that gender inequality exists in Japan. I think it is the time that women get together and raise a voice.

Based on data from

Nippon.com ,the World Economic Forum Global Gender Gap Report 2020.

JapanTimes, Dale Roll, SoraNews24, Survey says more than 70% of Japanese people think gender inequality exists in Japan, Jan 26th 2020