Green Book

0

June 29, 2020 by misaki24

Do you remember a sad incident that the black man was killed by the white police at Minneapolis city, Minnesota state in May. This sparked mass demonstrations across the United States. That is why I’d like to recommend this movie.

It describes a racial discrimination in 1962 at the United States. The main characters are Tony and Don. Don, who was African American person and pianist hired Tony as his bodyguard. At first, they didn’t get along very much, but they gradually got along while they had been spending time together. Tony recognized Don’s talent. Also, Don truly believed Tony. After a while, Don decided to launch a tour to the American south. However, the discrimination against black people was especially terrible at the south. Of course, south people discriminated against Don. However, he had never given in to any discriminations and Tony supported him so hard. I think this movie teaches us the importance of symbiosis between entire races. Skin color is not important. The more important thing is heart. I believe that the race problem should be solved one day as long as people have thoughtfulness for others.

If you’d like to learn a racial discrimination and solve it, I strongly recommend this movie. It’s supposed to change your perspective on a racial discrimination.