The Influence of The Media

0

June 26, 2020 by nodoka52

Do you know how many people in the world use the internet every day? It is used by over 1 billion people daily. The media has great influences on our ways of thinking and our lives. The video I saw this time highlighted that for women, more emphasis is put on their physical appearance than their academic backgrounds and their abilities. In addition, it appealed that the media had instilled this idea in us, and the media lets us assume it.

When the media picks up women, it almost focuses on their appearance, so actresses keep their bodies in shape. Therefore, women consider that they have to care about their appearance, and try to be beautiful like actresses. However. I considered that who defined beauty, and I noticed that it was defined by the media. Then, I realized that people are losing their identities under the influence of the media, and the most importance is not to forget their own “personalities.”

The idea that women need only good appearance still remains, and they are used like things. I think that we must not inherit this terrible gender discrimination to the future, and it is the time that the media should change the style of television coverage which values women as low, and we should stop the era to treat women like things not as humans.