The power of media to women

2

December 28, 2019 by riko079

“Successes of women need praise from men”

I was so impressed to this word in the movie. Actually, I thought that The United State think it is impossible to protect human rights. However, women in this movie were crying and appealing their suffering in daily life. The women have so many troubles about being an ideal woman in order to be admitted by men.

One woman said “my sister was damaged by media, who can against to the media?” There are a lot of gender prejudices in the world and we often face them. “Women are to be ideal women, men are to be ideal men” I can understand the sentence and also have to do it to live in social society. However, it is too dangerous if gender prejudices unite with media because media is possible to be big power to all women. In the present era, media has a mighty power, like Social Network Service and TV programs. They often use this word “for women.” At first, I could not understand real meaning of this word. But, I knew the word include negative meaning to women “although she is a woman.” I was so shocked and thought the word also exists in Japanese society. “For women, for men” I hope these words are not used and we should treat the person as a human being.

1. nanae90 says:

I also agree with the idea that media will affect many people the way they think about gender. There is a positive effect but on the other hand there is also the negative effect, especially for the young children who watches the media. I think it is important for the adult to teach their children the right information without any bias.

2. risa64 says:

Your article topic was deep and it made me think a lot about gender. The first quote about women’s success was something I also think of and we all need to become one team to establish this. It is said everywhere in the world that women’s position in the world today is much higher than it used to be back than and I’m very happy about it for I am an women but I also think that we can do better in some places and there is still a feeling of gender inequality in our daily lives. It is difficult to have an total equality but I hope someday we can have them.