How to have less-stressed freshman’s year!

0

December 23, 2019 by rena24

American Collage Health Association conducted and identified how mental health issues are serious for freshman at the collage. According to the survey, 40% of the students tend to be distressed to work in particular way. In addition to 61% of them are overwhelmed by a feeling of uneasiness. To help with these people, we should refine barriers to medical care, dismantle stigma, support them in need, and give them time for their habits to relax. For example, having deep sleep, moving their bodies, and having healthy foods that have enough nutrition in them are the good ways to relax.

I am also one of students that have felt depressed due to all new kinds of things. I had moved to Tokyo from my hometown, Fukuoka in this spring to study English at Aoyama Gakuin Universityand have started living on my own. To be honest, it was too tough for me to keep up with everything at the same time for the first month such as making new friends, getting used to collage daily life, making decision which clubs I want to be in, taking care of all housework by myself and so on. I often felt stress and loneliness because of these things. Fortunately, at this university, there was a pre-week to do registration and orientation so that student didn’t have a lot of homework to do at home for a few weeks. Moreover, there were many supporting services by teachers and students for freshman to know about school system.

Therefore, I agree with the necessity to address mental health issues among college students because I think that if there are any collage support for freshman in need, it would help them much better. As long as freshman students could feel less stress and anxiety forfirst semester, they could live the rest of their campus life smoothly too.