“Diner”

0

October 25, 2019 by misaki061

“Diner” is the latest Japanese film I watched.  It is the story about a members-only restaurant for thugs.

Bombero, who owns the restaurant, is a gifted chef and also a former thug.  He cooks delicious dinner for violent regular customers every night.

The story begins with hiring a girl as a waitress.  Her name is Kanako and she is brought to the restaurant because of an application for a suspicious part-time job.

At first, Kanako is afraid of Bombero and he also takes a very authoritative stance with her.  But as they work together for their customers, Kanako comes into respect for Bombero as a great cook.  It is because that her childhood dream was having her own restaurant.  Bombero starts to teach cooking to Kanako and she learns very hard.  He says to Kanako, “think only about a person who eats it”.

This, the scene of their lesson is one of the most favorite part for me because I like cooking.  I am living alone and cook for only myself usually.  But after watching “Diner” and hearing Bombero’s word, I wanted to cook for my precious one and decided to practice cooking more and more.