Freakonomics

0

July 21, 2018 by mami46

I watched this movie in the English class, and it’s very interesting for me in every single aspect. This video included several story, what kind of names should we give our babies, unjustness of Sumo, and the way of reduction in crime. All story give me new interested point of view. First story starts intriguing question, “name is destiny?” Of course, it’s no. However, there is a trend in naming babies, so name is one of the most visible index which represent their indivisual cultual background. There is no name which definitely lead success, but name may affect life. Second story is shoking for Japanese, Sumo, which is a Japanese traditional sport, is involved in sport-fixing. Reseachers have the data that it tells outsider being setup. “Yaotyo” become some type of economic system, and as like drugs, it can’t stop doing once start. Final story tells us the importance of finding truth. This story’s researcers find that undesired childrens make the number of crimes committed forcing up. After watching this video, I think that economics is very practicable study, and I learn that by using economics, there is a possibility to solve mysteries and problems of real-world.