Me too campaign

0

June 20, 2018 by sangwon04

It’s a campaign that’s been talk of the world until recently. Purpose of this campaign is inform one’s sexual damage. This campaign use hash tag function of SNS. So, It is easy to spread but it has some problems.

This campaign brought big sensation to my country South Korea. Some celebrity quit their job even someone suicided. I think this campaign has good purpose. Informing sexual damage is very hard to anyone. Because It is delicate problem so hard to find people who accept their story. Of course, Society don’t accept any story without exact evidence. But SNS solved these all of problems. Hash tag looks for people who hear their story. Then, SNS can use with anonymous. But because of this, Some accident happened in my country. Some people made a false report to celebrity for money and also  reported person just for hide their past. However, the punishment for calumny is not really big. It means there is no risk to person who informing metoo story even it is not true. So, metoo campaign lost power in South Korea. I hope metoo campaign returns with good intention.