Freakonomics

0

June 19, 2018 by terumasa14

The video I watched had many kinds of experiments. I would like to write about two themes. First,”do our name affect our life? ”. In this video,the girl who was named by mistake because her mother didn’t get education enough. The girl went bad as its name suggests. In addition, this video showed the difference of name between black and white people in the US. Black people are apt to name unique compared to white people. I think name is not important in itself,so parents should not name their children very unique. I think important thing is not our name but our personality and individuality. For example,Ichito Suzuki, one of the greatest baseball players’ name is absolutely simple, but his career is great. Second theme is”do students’ grades increase if they get prize?”. In this experiment, students can get $50 if they get grades more than C of all subjects. As a result, students who were in border line made efforts to get prize, but students who were in bottom didn’t study hard because criterion was too high for them. I think I would like to research other ways to encourage students to make efforts.